My name is Elaine Lim. I am a Psychosynthesis Counsellor working towards a full psychotherapy qualification.
I operate mainly from my home in Angel, Islington, North London and my clients come from surrounding areas such as Kings Cross, Clerkenwell, Old Street, Shoreditch, Dalston, Hackney, Highbury and Stoke Newington. However, I also run adhoc clinics from Central London (such as Covent Garden, Mayfair and Harley Street) and West London (such as Kensington and Chelsea).
While I normally work face to face, I am also able to offer sessions remotely depending on clients’ needs.
In my psychotherapy and counselling work with clients, I work with a broad range of issues including but not limited to:
- Anxiety, stress and fear
- Depression, a sense of hopelessness or ongoing sadness
- Loneliness, and a yearning to “belong”
- Anger and/or rage
- Low self esteem and low self confidence
- Negative thought patterns and self destructive behaviour
- Lack of trust
- Relationship difficulties and attachment issues
- Challenges with communication
- Bereavement, loss and separation; an inability to “let go”
- Trauma and crisis
- Obsessive and/or compulsive behaviour
- Desire for greater creative expression
- Addiction and codependency
- Lack of meaning or purpose in life
- Lack of direction or focus
- Feeling “stuck”
- Struggles with life transitions
- Overwhelming shame and/or guilt
- Spiritual awakening
- Lack of personal boundaries
I have called what I am offering Ying Yang Therapy because, just as in the ancient Daoist concept of non-dualism, I believe that counselling and psychotherapy is a fundamental bringing together of two or more seemingly opposite or conflicting parts within us so that we may become whole. I’m also drawn towards Jung’s theory that the human psyche seeks wholeness – wholeness comprising of both light and shadow, a state in which consciousness and the unconscious work together in harmony. How can we embrace even the dark, shadowy aspects of ourselves that, nevermind others, even WE may find unloveable and intolerable?
Coming from a background in both Eastern (yoga, meditation, tantra) and Western (astrology, tarot, plant medicines) spiritual traditions, I like working creatively to unlock what lies in my clients’ unconscious such as through the use of dreamwork or active imagination.
My intention is that I provide a safe, non-judgmental space for us to walk this journey together in Presence. Together we will work towards strengthening your connection to your innermost being, thereby giving you the tools to access the guidance of your own inner Wise One. I would also like to work with you on opening your heart to all the joy, beauty and abundance that is your birthright. My ultimate aim is that you should be able to step into being a conscious co-creator of your own reality and connect to your soul’s infinite creative potential, thereby empowering you to achieve your heart’s deepest desires in this life.